Thursday, December 13, 2018

12/13/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: part 2 Lesley's Ka'ena Update

It was a windy blustery day out here. Started with rain but luckily it stopped and the wind dried me up before freezing.

In the seal world, my first find was RL42 "Leia" hauled out on Main Beach near the waterline of the Main Pool. She barely moved while I was out there.
Next was RO40 "Ka'ena" up under his favorite Naupaka bush. 
While doing outreach with a big group we saw him turning over and making it down to the waterline like a torpedo. he looked back, stirred a little then entered the water. I didn't see him again.

On my way back I stopped @ 10 Mnts and found RK88 "Puna" nested in a bed of rocks. He may have been there on my way in but from the angle I looked I missed him.  More tomorrow ðŸŒº
 

No comments: