Thursday, November 5, 2015

11/5/2015 DB's Dailies: Buster@Hanauma Bay, Kainoa@Rabbit Island, RI37@Hauula, RK36&La'akea@Turtle Bay, RW02@Mokuleia, Luana@Hidden Beach, BG@10 Min Beach, RIP&Ka'ena@KP

At 0647 on my first Hanauma Bay look of the day, while looking from the overlook, I saw an animal down on the left side rock flats. When I got down there at 0655 I found Buster (RV08). There was a wallow and trail to his present location, indicating that he had begun up against the base of the cliff. 

On my 1149 recheck, posse member Jack (At the Bay) advised that he had noticed that Buster was gone around 1115.

 My first look at Rabbit Island was a bust, but when I got back to Makai Pier at 0920 I found a barely visible animal in the Morning Glory, 30 ft left of 1BS. At 1005 what would prove to be Kainoa (RN04) began moving down, allowing the ID. He would remain all day.

 Lesley called at 0729 with what I thought would be the daily RW02 molt report, but surprisingly she was calling to say that he was no longer there. I’ve nothing else about his whereabouts today.

 Tammy T., did the Ka’ena Point trek today, and afterward checked the RW02 site. Though he was out for breakfast on the morning check, Tammy found him at 1500. At Hidden Beach Tammy found Luana (RN58). At 10 Min. Bch she found a slick and clean BG (R303). At Ka’ena Point she found Ka’ena (RO40) and a very scuffy FIP (RR70).

 At 1548 mail from Dana brought word of RK36 & La’akea at Turtle Bay, and RI37 at Hauula.

 In the Yesterday’s News department, Melanie had Turtle Bay duty yesterday, and sent photos from her shift of Holokai (RG40), near McKenzie’s, and what would prove to be RK36 at Right Spot’s Spot.

 Buster 
 
 Kainoa 
BG at 10 min beach
 Luana at Hidden Beach
 RW02 peeling away
Ka'ena 
 Ka'ena soaking his head
 Rip ... molting... rotting

No comments: