Wednesday, May 13, 2015

5/13/2015 DB's Dailies: Sadie,PO2,Kainoa&Kaiwi@RI, Kimo Kai@Maili Guard Rails, Ola Loa&RI37@Turtle Bay,

At 0724 I found Sadie&PO2 doing a feed at the water line at the left end of the beach on Rabbit Island, having just finished a swim session. They would do two more through the day. From 0912-0949 and 1215-1300.

 On my 2nd look at 0826 I found that Kainoa (RN04) had joined the cast, snoozin’ at right Middle Cliff.

At 1050 he would be joined by Kaiwi (RK96). Both remained there the rest of the day.

I stopped by the Blowhole Lookout at 1333 for a Kea check, and lo & behold , as I peered down toward Sandy Beach, I saw an animal in a tide pool at the BH end of Sandy Beach. It would haul out and do a coupla’ bellows. I raced down to Sandy Beach and humped the stuff out there. At 1340 I confirmed the Buster (RV08) ID, and cordoned him off. In addition to the small wound I saw on his head the other day, he appears to have a like sized wound on the right side of his face. They are superficial and minor, but are helpful markers while they last. I picked up the stuff and called it a day at 1930. Buster remains.


Team Billand checked in at 0627 with the report of Kimo Kai (RT12) just hauling out to Maili Guard Rails.

A DigaTxt at 1424 reported RI37 at “2nd Beach", TB. She also spent a shift with Ola Loa (RG03).


Kaiwi and Kainoa
 Sadie and PO2 
 Buster at Sandys
 Buster - big boy !
 Buster and his buddy rock
Kimo Kai at Guard Rails
Ola loa 
 a little sunbathing 

 RI37 at Turtle Bay

No comments: