Monday, May 11, 2015

5/10/2015 DB's Dailies: Sadie&PO2, RM38,Kaiwi&UM@RI, Kimo Kai&Nihoa@Guard Rails, RIP&Kekoa@Maili Pt, I37@Laie,

I arrived at Makai Pier at 0737, after a round thru the SE quadrant, finding nobody. Both Marilyn & Gayle would also do the quadrant and also found nobody.

 At 0851 Sadie&PO2 hauled out to the left end of Rabbit Island after their morning swim session. The would do a feed and a snooze, and would do nothing until entering the water again for another session from 1252-1457.

 On a pan at 0955 I found what would prove to be RM38, 70 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet. He would remain there all day.

 On a pan at 1057 I found what would prove to be Kaiwi (RK96) out on the left end rock flats. She too was still there at the end of my observation period. At 1442 I noticed that Kaiwi was looking at something. To my amazement I found Sadie&PO2 directly below her on the first level of the flates, doing a wet feed. After the feed they would proceed to the left end beach and haul out.

 At 0715 Team Billand called with the report of Nihoa (R912)&Kimo Kai (RT12) hauling out together to Maili Guard Rails.

 At 0955 Ocean Safety called with the report of an U/U at Waialee Beach Park on the North Shore, just past V-land. This was the first of 2 calls on this critter. I notified Dana. Awaiting further word.

 At 1051 Dana called with the report of RI37 in Laie.

 At 1141 Team Billand reported RIP (RR70)&Kekoa (RK72) hauling out to Maili Point.

 At 1300 what would remain an U/M hauled out fronting 1BS. He would reenter the water at 1350 and haul out again to Seal Rock Inlet at 1415. I’d have to put my dollar on Buster but ????? Maybe tomorrow?

 Mary Miyashiro sent photos of Pohaku's son, RF28, on Kauai. Thank you Mary !

 RM38 
 Sadie and PO2
 RF28 
 Kekoa at Maili Point
Rip and Kekoa
 Rip
Kimo Kai and Nihoa R912
Poot Kimo Kai has a lot to learn when it comes to females.... :-)

No comments: