Monday, February 13, 2017

2/13/2017 DB's Dailies: Kea,Kainoa&J/M@Rabbit Island, Right Spot & Kawena@Kaupo Beach Park, Pohaku@Maili BP, Ka'ale,RW02,Kekoa&Kerby@Maili, Buster@White Plains, KC@MCBH,R8HY,R337&RH80@Kauai,

Upon arrival at Makai Pier at 0740 I immediately saw a barely visible animal left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. It would take some time but I finally got a non ID, ID. It would prove to be my ol’ friend , my J/M.

 At 0916 Kainoa (RN04) hauled out, 60 ft left of 2BS on Rabbit Island. Though I was comfortable with the Kainoa ID, it was nevertheless comforting to have NOAA personnel confirm the Kainoa ID during their RI visit today.

 On a rountine check of Kaupo Beach Park from the pier I found an adult sized animal out on the finger of rocks running out from the pump house. I went to KPB and confirmed the Right Spot (R016) ID. The Hotline was notified.

 Back at RI, I found Kea (RN46) haul out from the far left end of the island, and galumph up to join what I would then discover was the Unknown J/M. They would enter the water together, just as NOAA personnel arrived at RI.

 At about the same time as the personnel arrived the S/W winds began, becoming extremely strong, requiring that NOAA personnel aborted the opertion and returned to Oahu.

 On a routine pan to Kaupo Beach Park at 1224 I found that Kawena (RH36) had hauled out to that location. I notified the Hotline and later found that there was an HMMA rep there at KPB, having initially arrived to deal with Right Spot. Posse member Vicki advised that Kawena departed at 1815. 

At 0804 Team Billand reported Pohaku (RO28) at Maili BP.

 At 0932 they reported Ka’ale (RH32),RW02,Kekoa (RK72 & Kerby (RW08) at Maili.

 They checked in again at 1026 to advise that White Plains lifeguards had called with the report of an animal near tower#1. When they arrived the confirmed the Buster (RV08).

 My very most Kauai posse member Val Bloy called at 1329 letting me know that R337 (blch mark V21) was back home on Kauai. She also included shots of Oahu visitors R8HY, and R337(V21), and a look at Pohaku’s daughter RH80.

 A text from posse member Anissa brought word and supporting shot of KC (RK28) was at Pyramid Rock, MCBH today.

 Kainoa and J/M 
 Right Spot 
 Kawena
 KC at MCBH good to see you ole' girl 
Buster
 Pohaku
Ka'ale
 Kekoa
 Kerby
 RW02
R8HY
 R337
 RH80

No comments: