Sunday, February 12, 2017

2/11/2017 DB's Dailies: Kea&J/M@Rabbit Island, Pohaku@Makaha, Kerby,Kekoa&Kolohe@Maili Pt, Team Billand

Wind...Rain & Misery ! That is about all that can be said about this day in the SE quadrant Monk Seal world. I suspect it was exactly the same story in the rest of the quadrants. Conversations with the Billands sounded like they were having about as much fun as I was having.

 I got to the pier at 0800. It would be 0937 before I saw my first critter. Both Kea 9RN46 & my resident J/M ,Unknown hauled out together at the left end of the beach and galumphed up to the dune, just left of 1BS. I last thru mid day, but condition was just too poor.

 I had been keeping an eye on Kaupo BP as best I could , and stopped for an up close and personal look on my way home. There was no Kawena visible. I returned at 1500 once some there was some degree of normalcy, but alas both RI & Kaupo BP were bare.

 Team Billand checked in at 0958 with word that they were with Pohaku (RO28) at Makaha Beach. 

At 1048 they checked in again, this time reporting the arrival of Kerby (RW08), Kekoa (RK72)& a player to be named later at Maili Point. Barbara’s photo confirmed the Kolohe (RW22) ID.


Kerby and Kekoa
 Kerby 
 Pohaku

No comments: