Thursday, March 20, 2008

DB Post Thursday March 20th

RH44@Spitting Cave, Chester@ Makapuu, Rocky@Hanauma Bay, Irma@White Plains, Kermit@ Kalaeloa, et.al., 3-20-08
It was a busy little day out there. The Rabbit Island cast was RIP, M38, Temp 403, and Sadie with a late arrival of a guest visitor.

I found an adult female, RH44 doing 9 minute dives at Spitting Cave, She is the same animal I had wrongly identified as Ewa Girl , at Spitting Cave, on 3-17-08. A conversation with Tracy, and follow on photos, positively ID'd RH44.

The real highlight of the day was a call from a Makapuu lifeguard reporting an animal on the beach. When I arrived I found Chester on the beach. He had been there when they arrived at 0900, and departed of his own volition at 1021. He is still scrauny and pathetic looking , just as he was when he departed Lanikai. He had last been sighted at Wailupe on 2-24-08. When I did my Rabbit Island check I found that Chester had gone there after departing Makapuu.

At 1228 , Hanauma Bay lifeguard Joy, reported an animal on the left side rock flats. When I arrived I found Rocky.

Gold Star posse member, Brenda Sparks called a couple of times today, reporting Irma at White Plains, and Kermit on Kalaeloa Beach, near the windsock, and also had the passerby report of 2AW near the jetty at Nimitz Beach, however when she checked she found nobody. Aloha, DB



















No comments: