Monday, March 17, 2008

DB Post Sunday March 16th

KC@Kaupo Beach Park, Sadie@ Blowhole, Irma@ Kalaeloa Campgrounds & R018@ Ka'ena Point, et.al., 3-1608
RM38, and young , adult male, showed up at Rabbit Island for the first time since 1-5-08. He'd last been reported at Laau Point on Molokai (2-2008). He fellow RI mates were RIP , Mojo and RB08.

A trolley driver posse member, recruited by Ethel, called to report a small animal feeding at Blowhole. When I arrived I found Sadie doing consistent 6 minute dives.

A call from Shawn at 1350 alerted me to the fact that there was an animal reported at Kaupo Beach Park (accross from the back entrance to Sea Life Park). Since I was just down the road at Makai Research Pier, I was there in a flash and found KC waiting for me. According to witnesses she'd hauled out about an hour before my arrival. The place was a wall to wall camper zoo, but I got her cordoned off , and she was still there when I departed at 1900.

DOCARE Officer Carolyn Curry called at 1540 with the report of Irma (N3) at Kalaeloa Campgrounds, very near the White Plains , west end perimeter fence.

The Sparks did a Ka'ena Pt. trek and reported R018 there. Aloha, DB















No comments: