Monday, March 31, 2008

An Afternoon with Irma

Well... what an interesting day.... Yes Irma popped up at Waikiki this morning. I made my way down there around noon, and was able to give Don a much needed lunch break. For me it was WONDERFUL to be in the company of another seal. Being with Irma helped comfort the loss of Chester, I felt it was really important to spend some time with her....

The beach was filled with the usual curious on lookers.... but what was especially interesting was listening to the conversations and how many times Chester name came up. I was able to listen but also answered some questions about Chester's time on Kailua beach and his passing.... I was amazed as to how many people followed his story.... (that's my boy)....

Okay back to Miss Irma... well Missy decided to hang out on the beach well after sunset... I was busy watching her and answering questions I completely missed the sunset. When she finally decided to get into the water she spend a good 5 minutes rolling around at the shores edge... lifting her fins out of the water (lots of oooh ahhhhs from the crowd) THEN Miss Irma turns back towards the shore at which point I was in shock that she might pop back out.... but within a moment she went under and was gone.... That Irma is really something!

So my afternoon with Irma was filled with smiles and joy.... and all time thinking about my boy.
Thank you Miss Irma and I look forward to many more days at the beach with you!

No comments: