Wednesday, August 15, 2018

8/15/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Was out early to check the beaches in front then went to out to Ka'ena Point on a mission that took me all the way to the Waianae side and back in the late afternoon. It was hot out there today.
In the seal world these were my finds:
@ 10 Mnts Beach RN58 "Luana" was hauled out in the early morning and in the exact same location in the afternoon
@ 20Mnts Mark on the Waianae side I found RL12 "Leia" - she is molting but it's hard to give an estimate since I could only see her back. Perhaps in 40 to 50%
out there on the Waianae side I also got to see little weaner RK40 "Napua" - she was so well blended with the rocks.
@ Main Pool RK36 "Kauai Kolohe" was king of the pool, no the outside RO40 "Ka'ena" kept coming and going but never had a chance to haul into the pool.
Team T&D made it to the point and we all came back out together.  More tomorrow ðŸŒº


No comments: