Wednesday, September 24, 2008

DB Post Wednesday September 24th

R301,M&M,Buster,Hoku&Sadie@RI, Lona@SB,Ewa Girl@HB, 9-24-08
My day began by finding Lona (R017) waiting for me on the main beach at Sandy Beach, fronting the Pipe Littles break. Posse member Otto said she was there when he arrived at 0500. I immediately began cordoning her off, and just as I was tying the rope to the last pole, she did 4 slow rolls and entered the water (f#%*!!!!!). I was ultra thorough in my inspection of the SE quadrant , but did not see her again today.

At 0651 I found Ewa Girl still on her left side flats perch. Chances are excellent that she overnighted.

The Rabbit Island cast began with R301, M&M and Buster at the left end. Later Hoku and Sadie would haul out to join them. R301 seems to be going for the "Longest Molt Ever" trophy, presently held by Chester. On D#3 he is still only 3%.

The entire cast was in snooze mode when I departed the pier at 1500. Aloha, DB




No comments: