Tuesday, January 22, 2019

January 22, 2019 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 3) Lesley's Ka'ena Update from Yesterday (Monday 1/21)

Yesterdays' NEWS: 
My day started very early going down to recheck on RN58 "Luana" hauled out at Camp Erdman Pt.
Tide was very low an fishermen were walking way out on the reefs as if they were standing on water.
When I made it to the point, after doing outreach with several groups of people, I found R330 "Squinty" hauled out on the center reef island of Main Pool.
Soon hordes of people flocked in from both sides of the island. I can still hear my voice doing outreach.
Todays show was lead by the whales.
When I came back to this side I saw from the hill 2 seals at CE Pt. RG40 "Holokai" had joined "Luana"   More tomorrow

 Volunteer watching over Luana
Awesome capture!!!

No comments: