Friday, April 18, 2008

Conference Committee Rules On SB2464

We are one step closer naming the Hawaiian Monk Seal the State Mammal!
Mahalo to all the volunteers!
Mahalo to our State Legislatures for listening to our testimony and taking action!

4/18/2008
Senate
The Conference committee recommends that the measure be PASSED, WITH AMENDMENTS. The votes of the Senate Conference Managers were as follows: 3 Aye(s): Senator(s) Fukunaga, Espero, Slom; Aye(s) with reservations: none ; 0 No(es): none; and 0 Excused: none.
4/18/2008
House
The Conference Committee recommends that the measure be Passed, with Amendments. The votes were as follows: 3 Ayes: Representative(s) Ito, Yamane, Thielen; Ayes with reservations: none; 0 Noes: none; and 0 Excused: none.

1 comment:

Todd White's Hawaiian Blog Log said...

My name is KC and I am a seal
I live in the ocean and I have an appeal
I play in the deep and sleep on the sand
And I would just like you to understand
That being a seal is a gift of my god
He gave me this life, now does that seem odd?
I learned to eat squid and found it quite tasteful
I eat what I want, and I’m not very wasteful
I love to dive deep and swim where I want
I have my own language though to some it sounds blunt
Though my patience is long and my rules may seem few
The pressures I face, O if you only knew
My family is split, some went here, some went there
I guess to people it seems we don’t care
We’re food for the sharks and men without feelings
With them we’d just as soon limit our dealings
We want you to see us and photo us too
Just don’t get too close, ‘cause I don’t know you
We heard you went down to the Senate to vote
First time ever got Tako stuck in my throat
You mean to say you all did that for us?
I’m so glad to hear no one put up a fuss
We’re fun and we’re playful our boundaries are few
But Hawaii state mammelhood was long overdue

Mahalo a me kapono kahiko
KC