Tuesday, August 25, 2015

8/24/2015 DB's Dailies: Kolohe@SB, Aukai,Kainoa&Nani@RI, Kaiwi@CW, Pohaku@Nanakuli, La'akea&Holokai@TB, Kimo Kai@Makaha

Weather conditions were about as junk as could be, as I set out. From Blowhole, at 0745, I thought I saw something at the east end of Sandy Beach, and when I went to investigate , lo & behold, there was Kolohe (RW22) on the outfall . Kolohe has hauled out once before at the west end of SB, but this is his first visit to the east end. It was two fishermen, Kolohe & myself out there in the dumping rain, and I hated to put up a cordon, which would only draw attention to him, but tour buses stop for no weather conditions so it had to be done. I rechecked him through the morning. Gayle called at 1155 to advise that Kolohe was gone. The rising tide probably had everything to do with his departure.

 On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0842 , I found Aukai(RL12), 40 ft left of 1BS, and Kainoa (RN04) fronting 3BS. At 1128 Nani (RK60) hauled out to 3BS, and moved up into the Morning Glory.

 Gayle called at 1134 with the report of Kaiwi (RK96), once again at China Walls.

 At 0744 Team Billand reported Pohaku (RO28), once again at Nanakuli. The Billands called at 1510 to advise that Pohaku has begun her molt !!

 At 1405 the Billands would report Kimo Kai (RT12) at Makaha.

 I got a call from Tracy (Wurth)Mercer at 1030, calling to check if she’d called me about Right Spot. Nope........ she had not. Tadaaaa!!! Apparently, Right Spot (R016) gave birth at Kalaupapa, Molokai back on 8-14-15. Thank you Tracy, and Right Spot !!!

 Our pal Val (Bloy) texted to advise that Rocky (RH58) had weaned PK4 somewhere between when she texted me last night, and 1104 this morning. Something tells me Rocky will be back in our lives in the all too immediate future.


 A DanaTxt a 1207 brought word of La’akea (RK82) near Right Spot’s Spot, and Holokai (RG40) at the Keiki Pond, Turtle Bay.

 At 1405 Team Billand checked in with the report of Kimo Kai (RT12) at Makaha. Obviously, his Mokuleia adventure is pau.


 Kaiwi 
 Kolohe at Sandy's ...
Kimo Kai 
 Pohaku has begun her molt
Rocky's kid is a weaner
 look out world i carry a big stick
 sweet !

No comments: